get started in FPGA-based audio synthesis
Follow the module development here.
- 4xIN + 4xOUT, precision programmable audio channels, controlled through a PMOD interface (present on most FPGA development platforms).
- A collection of example cores, which make it easy for you to get started building your own samplers, wavetable VCOs, filters, or whatever you can imagine.
Programming audio logic in hardware enables designs which are difficult or impossible on an ordinary MCU/DSP, for example:
- Achieve 1-sample latency from input to output.
- Instantiate a gate-level simulation of an old synthesis chip.
- Large numbers of truly parallel synthesis engines (think: highly concurrent wavetable synthesis)
- It's a fun way to learn Verilog!
- 4HP eurorack-compatible module.
- 8 (4 in + 4 out) DC-coupled channels with LED indicators.
- 192KHz / 32bit sampling on all channels.
- I/O clamps at +/- 6.5V.
This module is planned for release in Q1 2023 - eurorack-pmod v2.2 is fully functional and currently undergoing beta testing. Get notified when it is available.